I've worked with David's family for several years. They have two fabulous sons, one attending Wash U and one in high school. Both sons are at home entrenched in their online courses—the New Normal!
The College-World is tilting. College plans have been disrupted for families. And let's not forget the lives of people working at colleges, they too are disrupted.
This means that we have to shift our thinking, our approach. For starters, we now have a new line of questions for our families to ask when calling or visiting colleges. While protecting our family-interests remain a top priority, we also have to add a layer of sensitivity into our discussions with them.
During a recent call of one of our students with an admission counselor, he quickly learned that the counselor's family had been stricken with the coronavirus. This news resulted from the first question our student asked. That changed the tone of things which in turn improved the outcome of the call.
During this disruption period, we suggest-
Families of Seniors-
- Hold off making deposits; check to see if your college-of-interest has postponed their deadline date to June 1, which many have done.
Secure a low-cost option by submitting an application to an Online University such as Penn State's or consider a community college.
- Call the admission counselor who signed your acceptance letter to get answers on important questions.
Families of Juniors-
- Continue to make plans ahead for college visits so that we're ready for our time when it comes.
- Have an open mind for creating quality options as we prepare for the Admissions & Application phase of the process to begin.
- Establish a structured and disciplined routine for yourself regardless of others willingness to get lazy and let down.
Families of Sophomores and younger-
- Stay on track by treating weekdays like regular school days.
- Embrace online at-home schooling, it's here to stay.
- Begin preparation for the December SAT.
CollegeLogic- Big News here!
I will soon announce our new CollegeLogic Academy, an extensive online academy designed for better understanding and working the college process.
To go along with that, I will begin a FB group this week. Additionally, I will begin hosting FB live sessions. So, be on the lookout for your invitation.
We're in charge of our own outcomes. Our life ambitions don't go to sleep. We need to be on top of our game so that we're better ready when the time calls.
Your outcomes reflect the energy you attract!
COLLEGELOGIC: OUR MISSION—YOUR OUTCOME