I hear every week- "My daughter/ son is so excited that they don't have to take SAT's."
Don't treat that as a good thing. Do you think you can distinguish yourself from the crowd by being one of the 9 of 10 who opts out of the test? Or do you distinguish yourself by being the 1 of 10 who takes the test and does well?
You can't distinguish yourself from the pack who take the easier path by taking the easier path yourself!
NYU Professor Scott Galloway- "There's never been a better time to be remarkable in the U.S., it's never been a worse time to be unremarkable. The reality is 99% of us and our children are unremarkable."
Preferred admissions and higher scholarships are earned and won by remarkable students. Here's how "remarkable" is achieved by CollegeLogic students.
The Essential Groundwork
- Get up and get your day going with a purpose
- Schedule rigorous classes...work them hard
- Prepare well for landing a big SAT/ACT score
- Connect early with the Admission Offices
- Schedule Zoom calls with Adm. Counselors
- Maintain a Student-Profile sheet for sharing
- Submit applications early...waiting doesn't work
- Show up to meetings prepared, with questions to ask and good answers to their questions
Ways to Become Remarkable-
- Write great essays, don't settle for good ones
- Start up or join a non-profit organization
- Create a Blog site and post interesting articles
- Learn to produce a Podcast
- Learn from courses outside of high school
- Be globally-minded and aware
- Have a vision for the future and the ability to express it
It's time to be remarkable. I can help...let's talk!