We're often hearing people say- "When we get back to normal." But what's that going to look or feel like?
Inspired in a call yesterday with one of my great young students, Zach S., we explored what the "new normal" might be like...or what we can expect it to be like.
It's now a project of mine and Zach's. We'd like your insight and contribution. Please send your comments to email@example.com.
This is what we expect the new normal to look, act, and feel like.
- It will take just one dissenter to negate an idea, halt a plan, cancel a trip, or shake up a group
- Approval times need to be shortened, built-in barriers need to be eliminated
- Online learning will be common, snow days will be replaced with at-home online schooling
- Greater consideration of others will be given, friendlier communities will result
- People will become more resourceful, more reliant on themselves, less reliant on others yet still willing to receive help from others
- High Schools need to up their game!
In the wake of the virus, colleges swiftly moved their students to online classes. Meanwhile, after a week or two, many high schools still don't have a legitimate online class format in place. That's unacceptable. It's causing unnecessary anxiety among students in fear that it will jeopardize their college futures. We don't take that lightly.
High students need to wake up each weekday as if it's a school day and the high schools need to have an online classroom-ready to roll at its normal time. If your school is not accommodating that, then students still need to get up and treat the day like a school day as much as they may feel otherwise.
Life ambitions do not get put on hold. You can't go to sleep on your future ahead. You can plan to be doing what others don't want to do and recognize that you may not want to either.
This period of time is a test of everyone's self-discipline. Those people asserting the strongest self-discipline will emerge best into the "New Normal".
Your outcomes will reflect in what you attract!
COLLEGELOGIC: OUR MISSION—YOUR OUTCOME