"If you don't know what you want from college, then how are you going to get it?"
Everyone wants to put a bumper sticker on their car that reveals the great college their child is attending. But what makes it great- its name, ranking, reputation? Let me share something with you. There's a lot more that goes into it besides name, ranking, and reputation. Unfortunately though, that's what most people mistakenly focus on.
When we evaluate colleges for their progressive position in delivering education, we look primarily at 8 essential factors in determining if a college is staying up with the times. We suggest you do as well.
- Academic excellence and diversification of studies geared towards future opportunities
- Internship opportunity and co-op involvement within the local community
- Study-abroad programs for promoting cultural immersion and diverse perspectives
- Availability and access to modern technology
- Research projects of the school open to student engagement
- Sophistication of the student-population
- Sphere of influence of the college and its professors
- Engagement opportunity of students with the academic community of the college
When college is done and over with, besides the education and experience, the value of the college will often be evaluated and determined for its influences and resulting relationships. Therefore, it's important to meet the people who affect these things when considering colleges and planning visits.
It's college visitation season, make it your plan to visit colleges and meet the key decision-makers. It will go a long ways in helping you make the right college choice one day.
CollegeLogic works with families to understand college opportunity and be sure families get the college outcomes they desire. This is just one way we help you get college right.
Another way is to help you be an informed buyer of a college education. You can achieve this by reading our new book here, either in eBook or hard-cover.
Office # 203.470.3704