College is not a prize to be won, rather, it is a match to be made.
It's "College Admissions" season.
Welcome to our College Admission & Application summer series where we will focus on key topics for winning admissions and earning scholarships.
We begin by identifying the biggest mistake made by the student's and their families-
- Families proceed with submitting applications without having a plan, strategy, or qualified college list from which to work, leaving too much to random chance.
Families too often leave college applications to a random selection based on name, rankings, family, or Naviance. That's not how a match is made.
You make a match by-
- Working from a college list matching the student's qualifications, interests, and needs.
- Visiting the right colleges, meeting the key people.
- Evaluating colleges for a realistic opportunity.
- Having a plan to submit "early" applications for winning preferred acceptances.
- Forming a strategy that results in having quality options and leverage.
- Choosing a college that delivers on all stated goals of the family.
Mom and Dad, these are not things you can just wait for your child, school counselor, or travel team coach to do for you. Getting this right is your job, not anyone else.
We're not talking about buying a color television here, rather, we're talking about your child's college and future.
We discuss this and much more on our educational webinars. Join us on my next webinar coming up shortly.